Friday 10 May 2013

Minutes

Tick... tock. Long, it does not end. When?
The seconds drag, scraping the sands,
My pencil, their paper. One hour.
Two hours.
We stand at the start, on our marks,
That is what we want, after all.
We are not together. We stand alone.
We are not we. I am I.

They said go, I think. It's blurry.
I don't understand, what? Read it, again.
And again. Answer it. Got it?
Go.
Go. Keeping going. There is not time.
Don't stop. Don't think. Don't feel.
There is a scheme. One to follow. Think like them.
We want our marks. We need our marks.

Five minutes left girls. What did they say? Only five.
Five more. Then its over. Just concentrate.
Differences between meiosis and mitosis.
You know this. Imagine the gloss, the smoothness.
Between your fingers. You feel it. You remember.
What were those stages? What does it matter.
Three more. Keep going.

I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment