Thursday 9 May 2013

Feather

Light, like a petal,
But. You are not,
You fall, falling, from the wing, the chest,
the body, of another. Who is the other,
Never will I know
It is not for me to know.
Another tale, another story. Life. It moves.
It flows. Like water, like a river.

One day, do I wonder, will I meet the life,
This other life.
I will not acknowledge,
I will not be acknowledged.
Ships, in the darkness, sailing smoothly,
They are oblivious.

What do people see,
The early morning Starbucks,
Maybe a Costa, whatever the mood is,
whatever is closest.
The quickest, the fastest, the easiest option.
Does the scent of the red reach you?
Most likely not, I know.

The feather is soft.
We all know.
Why bother.
A bird tweets. It tweets somewhere.
Where?

It doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment